April 22, 2009

how can I not find room for potatoes



After moving the huge pile of compost closer to the garden (and turning it in the process) and pushing over the new mountain of compost from the wintered cows, I have found a new spot for vegies -now I have room for potatoes. I can control them a little easier in new ground (weeds). I may be too late to locate really interesting varieties, we'll see, but I have grown an eclectic assortment of spuds, from rosy to bumpy to blue.

There is an excellent photo essay of potato varieties that have come out of the exceptional garden at subsistence patterns food garden. Check it out.

1 comment:

ChristyACB said...

The wonderful potato! I'm growing some this year in very big pots. Experimental, but I sure do hope to enjoy some later from my own garden.